After clearing your acne, what's left behind are the scars. This is the next big thing you have to worry about because it still doesn't look good on your face though it's a lot better than having acne that causes not just ugliness but pain to your skin.
If you simply leave your acne scars just like that, the scars will heal by itself and fade over time because our skin has its own natural healing power. Of course, on the premise that you can withstand the sneering look from others. But if you want to expedite the healing process so that your skin will look flawlessly smooth and even in a shorter time, then you must use coconut oil for its strong benefits on acne scars.
By the way, coconut oil also benefits acne treatment. What I mean is, you can actually use coconut oil straight to treat both your acne and acne scars, rather than having to use a different treatment for acne and then use coconut oil for acne scars.
Now, let's see how coconut oil benefits acne scars.
1. Fight Germs
Do you know how much germs our skin has to deal with and keep off in just one second?
Millions of them.
While trying to fight off the bad guys, your skin will somewhat take longer to generate new cells to replace the discolored old cells that form acne scars. But if you bring coconut oil into the picture, its antimicrobial fatty acids will join hand-in-hand with your skin oil's antimicrobials to fight and keep off germs. This in turn helps to speed up the replacement of cells and hence, healing of your acne scars.
2. Inhibit Oxidation
Not only germs, our skin is also always exposed to free radicals 24-hour around the clock, no matter where you are. Free radicals are as damaging as germs.
Coconut oil contains about 90% saturated fats, which act as natural antioxidants that can stop free radicals dead in their tracks so that again, the rate of your cell replacement will enhance and your acne scars will heal faster.
3. Increase Cellular Metabolism
Besides harmful bacteria, our skin is also home to friendly bacteria. These good bacteria can help to break coconut oil down into individual fatty acids, which has about 64% medium-chain fatty acids (MCFAs).
Because MCFAs are relatively smaller in size, they can easily penetrate cell walls and enter cells with ease. For this reason, they quickly provide energy for your skin cells, increasing their metabolism. When your metabolism steps up, your healing power on acne scars will escalate.
In fact, coconut oil not only benefits acne scars, but also helps to keep your skin moisturized and silky smooth. So, even after your acne scars vanish, you should continue using coconut oil for skin care. And for prevention of acne resurgence, I strongly recommend that you eat coconut oil as well. Just add it to your meals.
- 2 Reasons Coconut Oil is Good for Acne Treatment
- 3 Ways Coconut Oil Helps Acne
- 4 Steps to Using Coconut Oil for Acne
- 4 Steps to Treating Acne on Your Face with Coconut Oil
- 4 Things NOT to Do When Treating Acne with Coconut Oil
- 2 Effective Natural Home Remedies for Acne
- How to Treat Acne with Coconut Oil? [FussyBody.com]
- Coconut Oil for Skin Acne [FussyBody.com]
- Does Coconut Oil Cause Breakouts? [FussyBody.com]
- Coconut Oil Skin Benefits [FussyBody.com]
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Skin Care? [FussyBody.com]
- Pros and Cons of Coconut Oil [FussyBody.com]
- Side Effects of Coconut Oil on Face [FussyBody.com]
- Is Coconut Cream Good for Your Skin? [FussyBody.com]