As it contains a mighty set of antimicrobials and more than 50% of metabolism-boosting medium-chain fatty acids, together with its approx. 90% saturated fats that act as powerful antioxidants, coconut oil is good for treating a wide variety of diseases and maladies that even modern medicines can't hold a candle to.
Here's a list (not exhaustive though) of what coconut oil is good for. If you're suffering from any acute or worse, chronic medical condition that taking medication does not help much and you're badly in need of something natural to truly help you relieve, improve and expedite the healing, you can check against this list and find out how coconut oil can help with your condition.
Coconut oil is good at:
- Killing viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.
- Killing bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
- Killing fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete’s foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
- Killing tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
- Boosting energy and endurance, enhancing your physical and athletic performance.
- Boosting immunity.
- Improving digestion and absorption of nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Good for indigestion and malabsorption syndrome.
- Improving insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose. Good for diabetes.
- Improving utilization of essential fatty acids and protecting them from oxidation.
- Reducing problems associated with cystic fibrosis.
- Reducing symptoms associated with pancreatitis.
- Reducing symptoms associated with psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
- Preventing osteoporosis.
- Preventing periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Preventing liver disease.
- Preventing free radical reactions. Good as a sunblock for protecting against UV.
- Preventing wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
- Relieving symptoms associated with Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
- Relieving symptoms associated with gallbladder disease.
- Relieving symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Relieving symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement).
- Relieving pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
- Relieving dryness and flaking on skin. Good as a skin moisturizer.
- Reducing inflammation.
- Reducing epileptic seizures.
- Increasing metabolism. Good for hypothyroidism and promoting fat burning to help prevent obesity and overweight problems.
- Enhancing tissue healing and repair.
- Protecting against breast, colon and other cancers.
- Protecting arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis. Good for preventing heart disease and stroke.
- Protecting against kidney disease and bladder infections.
- Protecting against skin infections when applied topically.
- Dissolving kidney stones.
- Helping to control dandruff.
As said earlier, this list on what coconut oil is good for is not comprehensive. The coconut oil benefits are more than meets the eye.
For instance, some people take coconut oil to help relieve their constipation, while some apply coconut oil to skin for acne treatment.
In a nutshell, just use it and you'll know soon enough how it benefits you.